You want to start the day with a HOT BUZZ, but want to stay away from coffee for a change?
Hot energy BUUZZZZING is what I’m talking about with this juice. You’ll be jumping up and down and crying all at the same time after having it. Yes, it’s actually THAT good.
Try it out:
- 1 orange, peeled
- 5 carrots, ends trimmed
- 1-inch piece ginger (or less if that’s too strong)
- 2-inch piece turmeric root
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Juice in juicer and drink!
If you can’t find fresh turmeric, stir in 1 tsp of organic turmeric powder instead.
As you may have heard in your nutrition knowledge-rich adult life, carrots are the number one beta-carotene source, together with sweet potatoes, kale, and spinach. Beta-carotene belongs to a family of pigments and chemical compounds called carotenoids, and has the ability to enhance both skin color and texture, igniting a healthy glow on your face. It gives you the healthy hue, without having to be out in the sun all day.
This orange plant pigment is a molecule found in yellow-orange fruits and green vegetables that the body easily converts into Vitamin A (retinol). Active vitamin A in the body is needed for healthy eyes, reproductive health, and skin.
Beta-carotene acts as an antioxidant that reduces damage caused by UV light, smoke, pollution, and other contaminants from our every day life. It also gives the skin and face a special kind of golden radiance.
Why beta-carotene/vitamin A?
Vitamin A contributes to the formation of new cells, keeping skin, hair, and eyes beautiful, shiny and bright. If your diet lacks Vitamin A, your skin will reflect it, appearing dull. A Vitamin A deficiency is known to actually worsen existing acne.
- Improves skin color, texture, reduces wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Sunscreen effect: gives internal sunscreen protection due to its ability to reduce oxygen damage triggered by UV rays.
- Good vision and eye health.
- Strong immune system: helps activate the thymus gland, which stimulates the immune system to fight off infections and viruses, and destroy cancerous cells before they can spread.
- Healty reproductive system: Vitamin A plays a crucial role in reproductive health.
- Antioxidant power: beta-carotene can lower their risk for coronary artery disease, stroke, macular degeneration, and other age-related diseases.
- Respiratory problems: high intakes of beta carotene and vitamin C increase lung capacity and relieve respiratory problems such as asthma, bronchitis and emphysema.
Where can you get beta-carotene?
- From the orange fruits and veggies in this juice.
Sweet potatoes, kale, turnip greens, spinach, broccoli, and orange squash.
Cod liver oil, grass fed dairy, liver.
And the power of the other ingredients in this juice…
- Strong antioxidant that has anti-inflammatory properties.
- First-class blood purifier. Pure blood is responsible for soft and smooth skin and helps alleviate acne and other inflammatory skin conditions.
- Gives instant rosy cheeks!
- Contains capsaicin which is good for arthritis and muscle pain
- Anti- irritant properties: has the ability to ease upset stomach, ulcers, sore throats, spasmodic and irritating coughs, and diarrhea.
- Suppresses appetite and helps burn calories
- Speeds metabolism: aids the body to burn excess fats, metabolize food (and toxins).
- Reduces blood sugar levels: Cayenne helps to keep blood pressure levels normalized. It also balances the body of LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Unclogs stuffy nose: aids in breaking up and moving congested mucus. Once mucus begins to leave the body, relief from flu symptoms generally follows.
- Circulatory stimulant
- Heats the body from the inside
- Digestive aid and stomach toner: stimulates the digestive system increasing the flow of enzyme production and gastric juices. It stimulates intestinal peristaltic motion, aiding in both assimilation and elimination.
Photos: Sandra Arenas