Now that we’re getting deep into winter, how do we keep our spirits high and the glow alive? How do we keep a warm tropical feeling inside that reflects out?
RADISHES FOR SKIN.
Yes, memorize this.. RADISHES are your skin’s winter best friend.
Also GLOSSIER balm dotcom and priming moisturizer.
No, I’m not getting payed to say this and I’m being super serious: I don’t leave my house without the balm dotcom. Period.
Red radishes are super amazing for your skin mainly due to their high sulfur, silicon and vitamin C content, which work together to form new connective skin tissue, and make your skin glow… pretty fast.
They support cleanse the liver and gallbladder thanks to sulfur-based phytochemicals that are able to increase bile flow, which help improve digestion and release enzymes that defend us from viruses and toxins.
Having radishes in juice form allows you to consume a higher volume of them without having to suffer too much from their strong cruciferous taste. This means that you get to eat more of them so you get more nutrients in one sitting, and you allow your body to better absorb its nutrients than if eaten raw or cooked. However, radish juice on its own can have a VERY in-amicable taste, so I think it’s a good idea to combine it with apples’ sweetness.
Here’s a recipe you should try in order to keep the glow—going:
- 6 small to medium radishes without the leaves
- 3 large apples (Delicious, Fuji or Gala)
- 3 stalks of celery
- 2-inch piece of ginger (use less if this is too spicy)
- Juice of one lemon or lime
- optional: sparkling water
Juice in a juicer and drink up!
More on radish magic:
- Aids digestion and helps with constipation
- Aids in treating conditions such as jaundice as it can remove excess bilirubin from the liver.
- Helpful in treating rashes, eczema, and acne.
- It’s antioxidants help protect the skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
Conclusion: Keep the sun shining from within by adding some RADISH JUICE to your life.
photos: Sandra Arenas