Kick off any weekend day with brunch at home, made by the one and only (you). These simple recipes are perfect for a jaw-dropping brunch.
Soft Eggs with Green Goddess Dressing
Time: 45 min
- Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- To prepare dressing: Combine crème fraîche, mayonnaise, basil, chives, parsley, anchovies, lemon zest and juice, vinegar, tarragon, salt and pepper in a blender. Puree until smooth. Set aside.
- To prepare breadcrumbs: Pulse bread in a mini food processor until finely ground. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat until beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the breadcrumbs; cook until the butter is absorbed and the breadcrumbs are light brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
- To prepare eggs: Set a bowl of ice water near the stove. Using a spoon, gently lower eggs into the boiling water. Reduce heat to maintain a rapid simmer. Cook for 7 minutes. Transfer the eggs to the ice bath and let cool for 5 minutes. Peel the eggs and slice in half.
- Arrange the eggs, cut-side up, on a platter. Spoon ⅓ cup dressing over them (reserve the remaining dressing for another use) and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs. Garnish with radishes, if desired.
- To make ahead: Refrigerate dressing (Step 2) for up to 5 days.
- ½ cup crème fraîche
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup packed fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons fresh tarragon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
Breadcrumbs & Eggs
- ⅓ cup cubed whole-wheat bread- Nature’s Own 100% Whole Wheat Bread 20 Oz
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 8 large eggs
- Thinly sliced radishes for garnish
Broccoli Goat Cheese Toast
A Toast that’s finally not an Avocado Toast- YAY! It’s called Broccoli Goat Cheese Toast and we love it. It’s basically adding broccoli to a slice of bread with some goat cheese, lime, and chile… yummm?PHOTOS COURTESY OF: DANIELLE WALSH
Yield: Serves 2
Total time: About 15 minutes
- 1/2 broccoli crown (about 2 ounces)
- 1 ounce goat cheese (about 1/4 cup crumbled)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons finely chopped fresh herbs, such as chives, parsley and marjoram (optional)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove, halved (optional)
- 2 slices whole-grain country bread
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Steam broccoli for 4 minutes, until tender but bright. Rinse briefly with cold water and drain well on paper towels or kitchen towels. Chop fine and measure out 1/4 cup.
- Mash goat cheese in a bowl and add the 1/4 cup chopped broccoli and the fresh herbs if using. Mash together.
- If desired, rub 1 slice of bread with a cut clove of garlic and then purée remaining garlic and stir into broccoli/goat cheese mixture. Spread goat cheese and broccoli over bread. Sprinkle with sea salt, chile and add some lime.
(If you want to make it into a sandwich) you can top it with another other slice of bread (rub it with garlic if desired) and press down firmly. Drizzle remaining olive oil over top slice of bread).
- Toast in toaster oven 3 to 4 minutes, until cheese has melted. Remove from toaster oven and serve.
Note: If you are worried about cheese oozing out onto your toaster oven’s heating element , you can place on a baking sheet. You can also make this in a panini grill.
Save your dad the extra pounds, and and make these SLICED APPLE ‘DONUTS’
Recipe inspired by: STEPHANIE PARK
Special equipment: mini cookie cutter or small melon baller and 2 pastry bags, optional
Slice the top and bottom from each apple and discard. Slice the apples horizontally into 1/2-inch slices. Use a mini cookie cutter or small melon baller to cut a hole in the center of each slice to make a donut shape.
For a video on how to slice, click here
Slather on your choice of nut butter or yogurt. Sprinkle something crunchy on top, like granola, coconut flakes, cacao nibs, or crushed nuts.
To make it extra delicious, top it off with some raw chocolate sauce, tahini, or honey drizzle. You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1-2 days.
For Raw Chocolate Sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp tahini
- In a small saucepan, melt coconut oil over low heat.
- Add the cacao powder, maple syrup, and tahini and stir until smooth and well combined.
Post via COOLS.COM