CAUTION: this is a super-superfood- super-amazing-recipe that Chocolatier Emica kindly taught me, and I can testify it tastes like heaven. Also, it’s actually healthy.
Super Bananas Recipe (2 bananas)
- 100g cacao liquor/paste/solids 60g cacao butter
- 50g coconut nectar
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1tsp lucuma powder
- pinch vanilla powder
- pinch salt
To coat over:
- 1/2 cup crushed pistachios
- 1 tsp bee pollen
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (or crushed freeze dried strawberries for a sugar-free option)
- Melt the cacao butter and paste over a double boiler. When melted, add coconut nectar,
lucuma, vanilla and salt. Mix well and set aside to cool, stiring occasionally to pre-
- In a separate bowl mix the pistachios, coconut sugar (or freeze dried strawberries like we did) and bee pollen, the is to to roll the bananas in.
- When the chocolate mix is cool, like the consistency of honey, dip the frozen ba-
nanas in using two forks or tooth picks.
- After you have fully coated the bananas, roll in the pistachio, coconut sugar and bee pollen mix over parchment paper.
- Then set aside on waxed paper, enjoy immediately or store in the freezer for a few weeks!
Photos : Fernanda